WHAT SHOULD I BE DOING?
- If you are a 21st Century Scholar log in to ScholarTrack to view what requirements need to be completed during your senior year.
- Complete and submit college applications for admissions. Make sure to meet each college’s deadline. Most colleges have a student portal, that will allow you to check your application or acceptance status.
- Ask your favorite teacher, coach, youth pastor and/or school counselor for recommendation letters. Ask them early, do not wait until the last minute.
- Take or retake the SAT and/or ACT* to raise your scores and have the results sent to your top-choice colleges.
- Complete and submit college applications for admissions. Remember: Meeting each college’s submission deadline can determine whether or not you are considered for a scholarship.
- Keep an organized calendar of deadlines and to-do's
- Request official transcripts be mailed or sent electronically to the schools that you applied to through Naviance.
- Apply for academic, athletic and other achievement scholarships from the schools where you have been accepted if applicable.
- Complete and submit the FAFSA at fafsa.ed.gov before your state’s deadline date. If you need assistance, set up a meeting with your counselor.
- Review financial aid awards from top-choice colleges. Make final decision on what college to attend.
- Complete any other financial aid forms required by your top-choice colleges.
- Send in any college transcripts for dual-credit evaluation. You will need to request/order these from the college
- Send in your enrollment deposit to top-choice college or university.
- Finalize financial aid paperwork and decide on payment plan option.
- Speak with the Admissions Office on the process to register for classes.
- Sign up for summer orientation.
- Congratulations on graduating from high school!
- Have your high school send your final transcript to your college of choice through Naviance, by indicating what college or university you will be attending.
- Send in residence life information, health forms and other required paperwork.
- If living on campus, talk with your roommate to decide who will be bringing what items.
- If living off campus, find out about commuter student resources such as lounges, computer labs and parking.
*A NOTE ABOUT TEST SCORES FOR STUDENT ATHLETES*
Send in all of your ACT or SAT score reports if you plan on competing for a collegiate athletic team.